Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Terrible Thursdays



My sister, Heidi, has received multiple texts and phone calls from me this week as things have happened, both good and bad. So earlier today, she posted this video, "Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)" by Gotye, on my wall as a break from painting flowers.* 

And I was moved. It was the exact thing I needed to hear, and so beautiful. It's not just creative inspiration (for lack of a less possibly cliche way to say it), but also an example of how wonderful Heidi is. She always knows the right thing to say, the perfect advice to give, the right song to hear when your day is the worst of all. I am so very blessed to have the best sister in the world.** I don't know how I'd be able to get through each day without her. She's my best friend. 


*The subject of my rendering project for my illustration class.

No comments:

Post a Comment