Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quick Thoughts, Glee 3x08 "Hold On To Sixteen"

THIS WEEK. (More soon. But for now...)

Linkage: A really intriguing theory from Letters From Titan concerning a possible Blaine backstory, as well as Deconstructing Glee's response. This analysis has some really valid points, and it kind of blows my mind. But while I can see this as a possibility, I don't necessarily think it's going to happen. I saw Blaine's reaction to Sam's suggestion as similar to his reaction to Kurt telling him what happened at Nationals--while Blaine is very comfortable with his sexuality, he also feels there is a time and place for it. You know? It's "professionalism." Finally, a few more thoughts from DG on the episode, some really beautiful thoughts on Blaine's character development from Caroline of "be you and hold on to it." One thing I am absolutely positive of is how much more I adore Blaine this season than in Season 2--and I'm much more invested in Blaine's character now he's at McKinley.

  • "I also started the Dalton branch of Fight Club, which I obviously can't talk about." OMG. DYING. See?!
  • "You smell like Craig's List."/"Oh my God, it's the Gerber Baby!" KURT YOU ARE MY FAVORITE. 
  • I don't think Brittany was ever that invested in the Troubletones--she misses New Directions too much. 
  • Sam's back! *does happy dance* I was talking with Alisha about it earlier this evening, and we both agree that he seems different from when we last saw him at the end of Season 2. I'm interested to see where s3 takes him. 
  • I absolutely LOVED Sam's reaction when he realized that it was Rachel holding out the dollar. 
  • While she is mostly irritating, I am still intrigued by Quinn's storyline this season. Though it seemed pretty tied up by the end of the episode, I feel like the writers have a little more up their sleeve. 
  • Is it too much to see what's on the inside of Blaine's locker? I just want to know. I'm a sucker for detail. 
  • I absolutely hate Sebastian. And Grant Gustin plays him so well. 
  • I was furious at Sebastian's "gay face" comment.
  • I love that Kurt and Blaine have rant sessions at the Lima Bean.
  • You know, as much as I'm not a fan of country music, "Red Solo Cup" was a lot of fun. 
  • New Direction's Jackson song set for Sectionals was probably the best competition performance thus far--and my new favorite. I'm thinking the Booty Camp paid off. 
  • I'm so psyched that most of New Directions had some sort of solo at Sectionals. I am really glad that ND was able to succeed as they did despite Rachel's absence. They work best as a whole. 
  • I loved Rachel's bouts of wisdom this week. 
  • Mike and Tina this week: no words. <3
  • Harmony delightfully terrifies me. 
  • Artie cracks me up. 
  • Sooooooo much character development for Blaine.... 
  • I loved watching background!Kurt this week. <3 
  • MY HEART. SAM AND MERCEDES.
  • The image of Santana following Finn around with a tuba is incredibly hilarious to me. 
  • The Troubletones' performance was AMAZING. Santana and Brittany dancing!!!! And that shot of the group in the empty auditorium was really powerful for me. 
  • "We Are Young" = off the hook amazing...
More later. Off to read for French. 

No comments:

Post a Comment