Saturday, December 31, 2011

One of Those Cliche End of 2011 Posts...

I think this year was one of the only years that I slept soundly Christmas Eve. I woke up once during the night when I heard the ringing of a bell, and though I knew it was not what I thought it was, there was a brief moment in which I wondered if, after all those years, I'd finally had some kind of evidence of Santa Claus. The semi-concious mind is a fascinating thing.

A lot has happened in the last year. I became a proud godmother. I have settled into the Tiny Blue Room. I read some of my poetry in Pittsburgh, PA, where Jessica, Kelsey, Laura and I hung out with other English majors, basked in all things English-y, and ate sandwiches topped with french fries. I discovered a lot about drawing and what it means to me personally and in my work. I've thought a lot about the future, and in the process learned a lot about myself and how I want to live my life. I went to see the final HP movie with my sister and my best friends. I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore. I tried my hand at nonfiction and found another mode of expression that I connected to, learning many things about myself in the process. I completed the requirements for both my French minor and English major. I am three art classes away from graduation. And I started this blog.

I have a lot of thoughts. But now is not the time.

Favorite Books Read in 2011

  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  • The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

The Jury Is Still Out Award 2011
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Thoughtbox coming soon...)
  • I Kissed A Girl, 3x07 of Glee

Favorite Glee Episodes Aired in 2011
  • Silly Love Songs 2x12
  • Born This Way 2x18
  • Prom Queen 2x20
  • I Am Unicorn 3x02
  • Asian F 3x03
  • The First Time 3x05


The Television Cool Point Award 2011
  • Every single episode of Modern Family, one of my favorite shows ever. 
  • The First Time, for many reasons.

Favorite Movies 
  • Super 8
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Music (does not mean it has to have been released this year...)
  • Florence + The Machine, "Ceremonials"
  • Alanis Morissette, "Jagged Little Pill"
  • Madonna, "Madonna"
  • Lady Gaga, "Born This Way"
  • Coldplay, "A Rush of Blood to the Head"
  • Panic! At The Disco, "Vices and Virtues"
  • Freelance Whales, "Weathervanes"
  • Jessie J, "Who You Are"
  • Adele, both "19" and "21"

See you in 2012. I'm off to knit and continue with my Glee marathon to ring in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment