Sunday, August 7, 2011

One Week Reactions

We've been at the house for one week. Still no internet (once again, we were kind of screwed over by the companies we give our business to), but it should be up and running by the end of this next week.

Still not too jazzed about the house. I'm feeling a lot more positive about it than I was when we originally moved in, but I'm still going back and forth about this or that. Many mixed emotions at the moment, and I have a lot on my mind. Perhaps a month there and I will be happier.

Alisha and I finally got our living room arranged the other day. Since we share the top floor, the living room is ours to do what we please. My TV is out in the living room, as is all the DVDs we have between us (and there are A LOT). It's a really nice, open space, and it will be a great place to relax and socialize. We talked last night about what posters and such we wanted on the walls, the only thing we have left to do in there. As a group, we still have the kitchen to finish organizing (Prairie and I started it the other day) as well as the dining room, which still has boxes piled everywhere.

I finished unpacking my things Tuesday and Wednesday, so I've had a lot of free time outside of work shifts and catsitting. Our lack of internet has certainly made a difference on this; I'm ashamed that I've become so dependent on it for entertainment, etc. Heck, I haven't finished a book since May; I need to reevaluate my priorities, and it is definitely going on my list of New School Years Resolutions. I was talking about it with Prairie and Alisha last night, and Prairie made the observation that while she was bummed we didn't have web access, she also realized that she had more time to get things done. How very true.

School starts in roughly two weeks, so I've been making list upon list upon list of things that I need to be doing between now and then and beyond. At least moving is out of the way. I hated how it seemed to consume me in July, preventing me from enjoying my very limited time away from coursework. At least now I can think clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment