Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daniel Radcliffe on Poetry

Aside from the fact I've had a massive crush on Daniel Radcliffe since I was about 14 years old*, I just really like hearing what he has to say about anything and everything. He's always so insightful and honest in interviews. In part of a recent interview with Parade Magazine,** he touches on a lot of things, including poetry. (He writes poetry.)

Quotage:
I think true poetry is a color—it's as fundamental as that. It can provoke a profound, basic human reaction. Understanding what the poet is saying comes from something fundamental in us that is moved by the musicality of language. (Daniel Radcliffe, from Parade interview)

This seriously blows my mind. "...True poetry is a color..." No words.


*I kid you not. I wrote fan letters to him and everything. Erm... But that's a story for another day.

**Here's another part from the interview. As I don't have a copy of the magazine, I'm not sure what the full interview from the print issue of the magazine includes. Anyway, both links are bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment