Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Anecdote #1

Long ago, my parents owned two station wagons, one a pale gold, one a grayish-silver. They replaced the gold one with a red Ford Topaz when I was two or three years old--rumor has it that I picked out the Topaz and proceeded to call it "Strawberry Fields Forever"--but they kept the gray station wagon for a little longer before replacing it as well.

The back of the station wagon had an extra set of seats that folded out; when the door that hid them was closed, it was a flat space for loading whatever needed to be transported. 

I remember asking my parents if Heidi and I could ride back there, and most of the time, they let us. The seats faced out the back window so as we were driving around, Heidi and I were able to see everything behind us. 

My memories of riding in that car are very few as we were really young when my parents finally replaced it with a newer model. I do remember pretending that we were "driving" from the back, being silly. I remember other little things like eating Hershey's chocolate bars with Heidi, eating Twizzlers with Stephanie, my best friend in second grade. 

I had forgotten about the car until the other day when I was at work. In the grand scheme of things, it may not be that important, but I knew I needed to write it down, somewhere, so I would not forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment