Thursday, July 28, 2011

Packing Day [Whatever Number]

Mom and Dad came to help me pack some stuff yesterday after I was off work. I showed Mom what stuff was mine in the kitchen, and she started packing it away because I was at a loss as to how to pack it all. (So many breakables...) I sat with Dad and Alisha as I ate the chinese food they had brought for me and we talked, listening first to Tommy James & the Shondells and then Hootie & the Blowfish and Madonna. I pulled out book boxes that were ready to go and we packed up the back seat of the Marquis with as many things as possible.

Dad's coming to help on Saturday, and then again on Monday when we can finally move into the house. Since I've been up I've been trying to sort through everything that's left in my room. My iPod is hooked up to my stereo and I've had it on shuffle for the last few hours. How did I get this much stuff? I'm finding random things and odd trinkets and more books--I swear I keep finding them and wondering how my room was able to hold everything--and stuff that hard to pack together because they're either

  1. awkwardly shaped/weighted OR
  2. difficult to fit into the containers or boxes I have.
I don't know how it's going to go. I'm going to do some more packing this afternoon, and then I plan to go to a pub crawl with my coworkers for the summer later tonight. Tomorrow, I'll have to make sure EVERYTHING is ready to go so that Saturday goes smoothly. And tomorrow is either the final day of our internet or the day it's turned off completely, so that's going to be interesting. (I'm hoping for the former so I can check my email).

Many thoughts. I'll be glad when we're all moved in on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment