Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspiration Can Come In the Simplest of Forms

Last year in Drawing 3 and Advanced Drawing, the drawing majors decided to dub ourselves "The Drawing Rangers" because we started out as five (and then grew to eight and then six, if I'm counting correctly) and we had grown really close from having spent so much time together in studio. Naturally, we all tended to hold each other up when things got rough or when any one of us faced some bit of an artist block (or, as was often the case, more of a crisis). It was through these moments when we grew even closer and were able to pull through the darkness and find our way back.

Anyway, Brianna, who is so sweet and super awesome, tagged myself, Whitney, Caitlin, and Nicole in a post of FB earlier today. The link was to this gorgeous strip, which provides a kind of pick-me-up for the artistic soul (be sure to click to enlarge). When I read it, I teared up, because sometimes when the frustrations get too much, and the discouragement in self and abilities skyrockets, it is so important to be reminded of what got me into art in the first place. The possibilities are endless, and each beautiful in their own way. (Plus, it's what the Drawing Rangers do.)

Thank you, Brianna, for reminding me of that. It's exactly what I needed to hear. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment