Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Calling All Angels" by Train

There are few songs that have played on the radio in the last ten years that have given me that soaring feeling every single time, and Train is certainly at the top of the list. I heard this on the radio earlier today while at work, and it hit me that I had almost forgotten about it.



This was my very first ringtone on my very first phone. It makes me think of all the other great songs I listened to in high school that were on radio airplay at the time: Michelle Branch, Maroon 5....decent, decent stuff. I fear that today's music doesn't always have the same je ne sais quoi as music from the early 2000s did. Perhaps it was carrying over from all of the great 90s stuff...I don't know. I'm not an expert by any means. I just know what sounds good to me.

Also, thinking about this makes me feel old. Because, you know, it came out about 8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment